Skip To Main Content

How Do I...

How do I excuse my student for sickness or other absences?

  • Report a student's sickness or absence within 24 hours: Call 952-928-6045 or fill out THIS FORM
  • Only legal guardians may excuse a student's absence

How does my student sign out for appointments? 

  • Absences may be excused within 24 hours or up to two weeks ahead of time by filling out this online form

  • Alternatively, please call the Attendance Line at 952-928-6045. Your student may also bring a signed note from your medical provider’s office or from you into the Main Office.

How do I check my student's grades and attendance?

  • PowerSchool is the online tool that allows parents/guardians and students to view attendance, grades and assignments
  • PowerSchool also has a mobile app that can be used after setting up an account
  • To set up a PowerSchool account or other questions, please contact Abby Schrader at 952-928-6106 or

How do I contact my student's teachers?

  • Email is the best way to contact teachers and staff.
  • Teachers' email addresses are available through PowerSchool, Schoology and the Staff Directory
  • Parent-Teacher conferences are held once per semester and as requested. 

How does my student get academic support? 

  • Orioles' Nest study hall, is an after school academic support provided by the Achievement and Support Coordinators, housed in the Learning Lab, open to all students who would like a change of location, improved internet, one-on-one help, or more structure in their after school study time. Bussing home, and a nutritious evening snack are provided for those who sign up.

  • Students can request to meet with teachers and other staff by using the Student Connect app

  • The Learning Lab is a place for all students to obtain academic support, guidance, and enrichment. Staff is available during school hours to assist with writing, math, AP, IB, conflict resolution and much more.

  • Student Support Services offers a wide variety of resources including Counselors, Social Workers, class registration and schedule changes and access to the College & Career Center

The Career and College Readiness (CCR) Program: This program assists a student in developing their individual career/post-secondary education plan and helps them navigate the process. The CCR website is full of resources for any post-high school planning and the CCR Center is located in Student Services Office on the first floor. Contact Kara Mueller at or 952-928-6187 for more information. 

Non-Traditional Academy (NTA): This program is available to invited seniors. Academic core classes and vocational guidance is provided in a team taught setting. Contact the Student Services Office for more information at 952-928-6123.

College Possible: This is a non-profit organization working with students beginning sophomore year. 

Multilingual Learners (ML): ML students receive specialized instruction. Qualified students whose primary language is not English receive additional support in instruction of academic English. This instruction assists ML students in acquiring skills that enhance their learning and progress in school. Interpretation and translation services are provided as families require them, enabling the parents to have an active role in supporting their child's education  

Special Education: If your child is attending school and you're concerned with his/her academic progress, suspect he/she may have a disability, which is impacting his/her progress, or have medical or mental health diagnoses, which may be affecting his/her learning, please contact a teacher or counselor. School staff members are familiar with the process for referral for a special education evaluation. Contact Katie Lee ( or Carly Rohlfing ( for more information. 

HAP: This is a program designed to encourage and motivate students to achieve their highest level of success. Working with teachers, counselors, and parents, HAP is a support system for students throughout their high school career. Contact LeeAnn Stephens for more information at

How do I request language translation assistance?

St. Louis Park Public Schools employs three Multicultural Liaisons that can assistance with language translation:

Carmen Rudin | Spanish | 952-928-6438 (Office) or 952-836-7237 (Mobile) |
Tarabi Jama | Somali | 952-928-6423 (Office) or 952-847-0446 (Mobile) | 
Julia McBride-Bibby | Multicultural Liaison | 952-928-6xxx (Office) | 

How do I locate lost belongings?

  • The lost and found is located in the Student Office (952-928-6169)
  • Items are kept up to 30 days and then discarded or donated

How do I drop something off for my student?

  • If you need to drop off an item for your student during the school day, please come to the Student Office, Door #1
  • Medication should be brought to the Health Aide. Enter through the Student Office at Door #1. 

How do I put money in my student's meal account?

  • Learn how to set up and add money to lunch accounts HERE

How do I learn more about testing dates and policies?

  • Visit the Testing Calendar page under the Parents/Community tab. This page includes all testing dates as well as opt-out information and forms. Contact Jamie LaPray for more information at

How do I enroll to attend St. Louis Park High School?

  • For St. Louis Park residents: Contact the Student Services Office (phone: 952-928-6123) at the High School to make an appointment to enroll your student. Please bring a current copy of the child’s immunization record, birth certificate, a copy of their current transcript and proof of St. Louis Park residency (utility bill or a purchase or rental agreement).
  • For open enrollment: Non-residents of the St. Louis Park Public Schools can apply for Open Enrollment through the state of Minnesota's Enrollment Options Program. For further information about open enrollment or to obtain an application please email or call 952-928-6023.

How do I visit during school hours?

  • St. Louis Park High School is a closed campus. We do not allow visitors during school hours without an appointment. 

How do I purchase a parking pass?

  • Parking passes are available for all students with a valid Driver's License and no outstanding obligations (missing books, lunch balances, etc.)
  • Parking passes are $50 and available at the start of each semester until they sell out.
  • Vehicles parked in designated lots without a valid parking pass may be towed. 

How do I get involved at the High School?

  • Stay up-to-date by reading the weekly newsletter 6425 News
  • Join the Parent-Staff Engagement Group. To participate on the new parent/staff group, please contact High School Assistant Principal Jessica Busse at or High School Volunteer representatives Julie Yakes and Lauren Weiser at
  • Attend the informal "Coffee with the Principal" conversations. For more information, contact Abby Schrader in the Principal's Office at 952-928-6106 or
  • Join the Career Pathway Advisory Board, a group of community members working cooperatively with school officials to advise, assist and support the Academy Programs of Study. For more information contact Kara Mueller at 952-928-6187 for more information. 

How do I request an academic transcript?

  • All requests for official transcripts for all former graduating classes can be made by completing this Google Form.

  • If you have any questions about requesting an official transcript, please contact the St. Louis Park High School Student Services Office at 952-928-6123. 

Where do I find information about Athletics and Athletic events?

 Where can I get more information on the senior all night party (SANP)?